Unlike most other sealants the water based Pavetuf Sealants (Invisible and Satin) are unique and fully breathable, allowing efflorescence to escape whilst acting as a barrier, protecting the stone against most elements and staining. This means that the sealants can be applied as soon as the patio/path/driveway is complete.
Lesser quality and cheaper sealants on the market cannot be applied in this way, as most are not breathable and will lock in the efflorescence (or salt) which needs to escape from the stone after installation. Trapped efflorescence will create marking and future problems if the pavetuf sealer is used the salt eraser can then be used in the future to rid of any efflorescence. Most sealer manufacturers therefore recommend a 3 month waiting time from the stone being installed to application of their sealant. Within those 3 months, the stone is exposed to all of the elements and other potential risks i.e. leaves, birds, pets, red wine spillage. The risk is minimised if you apply the Pavetuf Sealant (as shown below) immediately after the patio is completed, so the potential for problems is minimised. As the Pavetuf product penetrates deeply into the stone it starts to work immediately and provides protection for up to 8 years, unlike other sealants that only guarantee 12 months protection.
You can use Pavetuf Sealants on paths, drives and patios of the following materials:
- Natural stone
- Artificial stone
Why use the Pavetuf Sealants?
- Fully breathable and can be applied as soon as the path / patio / drive is laid – unlike many other sealants
- Protects the stone against ageing, atmospheric and industrial pollution, greasy soiling, water seepage, acid rain, airborne dirt, organic growths and even chewing gum
- Can actually make the landscaped area self-cleaning as in rainy spells, the rain water will wash away material that is unable to penetrate your patio, resting on the surface
- Lasts up to 8 years
- Water based and easy to apply
- Professional quality products
- Environmentally friendly